- Haverford College, Growth & Structure of Cities, Class of 2019
- Member since May 2013; Hometown: Philadelphia, PA
- Uses city research and prior policy work to manage the YAC’s Student Fare Discount Initiative in addition to supporting all YAC efforts. Committed to transit inclusivity for Philadelphians from all backgrounds.
- Temple University, Community Development, Class of 2018
- Member since March 2016; Hometown: Palmyra, PA
- Supports strategic initiatives. Champion for LGBT youth passengers and transit inclusivity.
- Drexel University, Environmental Science, Class of 2019
Member since March 2015; Hometown: Lansdale, PA
Plans monthly adventures integrating the SEPTA system and the Greater Philadelphia region.
- Parkway Center City High School, Class of 2017
- Member since October 2016; Hometown; Philadelphia, PA
- Focuses on the City Transit Division vehicle procurement and logical service planning.
- Science Leadership Academy, Class of 2019
- Member since November 2017; Hometown: Philadelphia, PA
- Interested in Mechanical Engineering and STEM outreach to School District of Philadelphia students.
- Saint Joseph’s University, Marketing and English, May 2019
- Member since October 2016; Hometown: Ridgefield, Connecticut
Assists with strategic initiatives.
- Member since August 2014; Hometown: Philadelphia, PA
- Advocates for City Transit Division and assists with Social Media.
- Looking for Work
- Member since Month 2016; Hometown: Philadelphia, PA
- Designs and develops ideas and digital tools to spread awareness for transit throughout the community.
- University of Pennsylvania, Urban Studies, Class of 2022
- Member since September 2018
- Focused in improving bus service through intelligent redesign and scheduling, as well as enhancing SEPTA’s online presence to be more accurate and user-friendly.
Join the YAC!
The YAC is looking for dedicated young adults who will enjoy connecting high school and college students to the region’s public transit network!
We invite you to submit an application if you feel strongly about transit, are interested in representing young riders ages 14 – 22, and meet the following qualifications:
- Be at least 16 years of age and no older than 23 years of age
- Be a permanent resident of, a student in, or an employee working in, Philadelphia, Bucks, Montgomery, Delaware or Chester Counties.
- Provide proof of residence, enrollment, and/or employment in an eligible college (as applicable)
- Have a commitment to collaborative engagement
- Demonstrated experience with community volunteerism
- Able to commit to attending weekly electronic meetings, monthly/quarterly in-person meetings, and to working on YAC Initiatives
- Have an interest in visiting college campuses to engage students, distribute flyers, surveys, and SEPTA promotional materials
Don’t Lose Your Data! – Fill out the application in a text editor (such as Word, Notepad, or TextEdit) and copy/paste your responses. Doing so will ensure you don’t lose your work if you accidentally press the back button.