- University of Pennsylvania, Behavioral Economics (Wharton) ’16; Systems Engineering (SEAS) BSE ’16, MSE ’17; Technology & Policy (Penn Law) ML ’17
- Member since May 2013; Hometown: Voorhees, NJ
- Combines Technical and Business Knowledge with Work Experience at Amtrak, SEPTA, MTA New York City Transit, and WMATA to Lead the YAC and Connect with SEPTA Leadership
- Haverford College, Growth & Structure of Cities ’19
- Member since May 2013; Hometown: Malvern, PA
- Uses city research and prior policy work to manage the YAC’s Student Fare Discount Program and SEPTA Key involvement in addition to supporting all YAC efforts.
- Temple University, Community Development, Class of 2018
- Member since March 2016; Hometown: Palmyra, PA
- Focuses on increasing awareness of the YAC and sustaining membership for the future.
- Saint Josephs University, Food Marketing & International Business ’18
- Member since May 2016; Hometown: Souderton, PA
- Focus on SEPTA YAC Social Media in addition to supporting all YAC efforts.
University of the Sciences, Doctorate of Occupational Therapy, 5th year
Member since January 2014; Hometown: Lansdale, PA
Served as YAC Secretary 2014-2016, plays flute, and enjoys baking.
- Drexel University, Mechanical Engineering, Class of 2019
- Member Since January 2015; Hometown: Warrington, PA
- Main proponent in planning and attending college and community outreach events. Enjoys long walks on the beach and public speaking.
Drexel University, Environmental Science, Class of 2019
Member since March 2015; Hometown: Lansdale, PA
Plans monthly adventures that integrate SEPTA transit and PassPerks
- Automotive Training Center, Automotive and Diesel Technology ’18
- Member since August 2014; Hometown: Philadelphia, PA
- Role served on the YAC: YAC Member, serves as a advocate for M4 Seating project and YAC’s transit photographer
- Temple University, Computer Science, Class of 2020
- Member since Month 2016; Hometown: Philadelphia, PA
- Designs and developers ideas to spread awareness for transit throughout the community
- Saint Joseph’s University, Finance and Economics, Class of 2018
- Member since July 2016; Hometown: Wilmington, VT
- Focuses on managing YAC Social Media account
- University of Pennsylvania, M&T Program (Management, Finance, and Computer Science), Class of 2018
- Member since January 2015; Hometown: Berwyn, PA
- Advocate for Student Discount Program working through Penn Student Government. Avid singer and soccer player.
The YAC Application Process
The YAC is looking for dedicated young adults who will enjoy connecting high school and college students to the region’s public transit network.
We invite you to submit an application if you feel strongly about transit, are interested in representing young riders ages 14 – 22, and meet the following qualifications:
- Be at least 16 years of age and no older than 23 years of age
- Be a permanent resident of, a student in, or an employee working in, Philadelphia, Bucks, Montgomery, Delaware or Chester Counties.
- Provide proof of residence, enrollment, and/or employment in an eligible college (as applicable)
- Have a commitment to collaborative engagement
- Demonstrated experience with community volunteerism
- Able to commit to attending weekly electronic meetings, monthly/quarterly in-person meetings, and to working on YAC Initiatives
- Have an interest in visiting college campuses to engage students, distribute flyers, surveys, and SEPTA promotional materials
The Application Process
You’re on your way!
Individuals who meet the aforementioned qualifications are encouraged to submit an application below and attend the next public meeting of the SEPTA YAC (listed on the website homepage). After having submitted an application and meeting the qualifications, a “Qualifying Individual” will be asked to get involved with the YAC on an increasing involvement level. After approximately 1Q of being a “Qualifying Individual,” applicant candidacy will again be evaluated, focusing on their contributions to the YAC during their time as a Qualifying Individual, demonstrated commitment to the organization, addition of new perspectives, quality of their submitted application, and an interview.
Submit Your Application Here
Don’t Lose Your Data! – Fill out the application in a text editor (such as Word, Notepad, or TextEdit) and copy/paste your responses. Doing so will ensure you don’t lose your work if you accidentally press the back button.